The Islamic Foundation of Peoria (IFP) was established on April 28th, 2000. It’s primary mission is to serve the religious needs of the growing Muslim community in the Peoria and Dunlap areas.
The mission of IFP is to help the Muslim community of Peoria fulfill its religious, social and educational needs and duties related to Islam. This mission will be pursued through the completion of the objectives enumerated below.
- Make known the religion of Islam, its teachings and philosophy.
- Provide needed general guidance and/or assistance to Muslims in the community.
- Invite Muslims into active participation in activities of the Foundation.
- Implement Islamic education for children and adults.
- Promote tolerance within the membership.
- Organize social events to strengthen community relations.
- Encourage cultural diversity with social unity among Muslims.
- Make available Islamic services regarding life cycle events for Muslims.
- Promote friendly relations between Muslims and non-Muslims in the community.